Are cellulite rollers really effective? Today, there are many products and devices on the market to fight against cellulite.
But what is the best device? What are their advantages and disadvantages?
Cellulite rollers are effective against cellulite thanks to their use of the palpate and roll technique which kneads the skin in order to break down the fat in the skin cells. The cellulite rollers also promote better evacuation of fat and toxins, and better blood circulation.
Let’s evaluate the effectiveness of all these devices in the article below and find out why the anti-cellulite rollers are really effective.
Table of Contents
- 1 Are cellulite rollers really effective? Ways to fight cellulite
- 2 The different types of anti-cellulite devices
- 3 What is the best anti-cellulite device?
- 4 What are the advantages of an anti-cellulite device?
- 5 What is the disadvantage of these devices?
- 6 Are cellulite rollers really effective? Conclusion
Are cellulite rollers really effective? Ways to fight cellulite
There are no miracle cures to prevent the appearance of cellulite, but it is possible to reduce it with:
- Creams, essential oils or anti-cellulite treatments
- The anti-cellulite suction cup whose purpose is to dislodge fatty deposits
- Surgery: liposuction, laser, etc. are effective techniques to remove fat from your body
- Anti-cellulite devices that deeply massage your skin. By combining heat and vibration, these devices dislodge fat and fight against the appearance of dimples. Cellulite rollers fall into this category.
The different types of anti-cellulite devices
You can find several models of anti-cellulite devices whose mode of action will be different on cellulite.
There are three main categories of devices:
- massage devices,
- infrared devices, and
- devices with wave emitters
Massage devices (palpate and roll)
When we talk about cellulite, we often hear about massage machines.
Indeed, they are based on a deep massage linked to the palpate and roll technique.
This type of product is often a massage roller that can be used throughout the day.
It is easy to apply: use it where cellulite appears. If you use it regularly and correctly, it helps reduce orange-peel skin.
This technique allows the evacuation of fat and toxins and promotes better blood circulation.
There is a wide variety of anti-cellulite massagers on the market: different in size, texture and shape, they all help to reduce the formation of dimples.
They can be found in beauty salons, on e-commerce platforms or in some pharmacies.
How to use the anti-cellulite roller? It’s simple, just move up and down on your legs, stomach or arms.
Related post: How can I reduce cellulite on my thighs?
Ideally, using the roller with a vegetable oil or an anti-cellulite cream is preferable to facilitate the back and forth movements.
Use the roller on clean, moisturized skin.
These devices work in a very different way than the massagers. They have a heating function that will stimulate the tone of the dermis, resulting in better blood circulation.
Infrared heaters don’t just heat your skin, they also target fat.
Result: your skin becomes more supple and therefore easier to massage and hence easier to reduce cellulite.
So remember that this type of device is to be combined with a good massage.
The devices with wave emitters
In this category, there are sub-categories of devices depending on the type of waves used:
- Radiofrequency: which heats the skin in depth with its electromagnetic waves
- Ultrasound: which breaks down the fat cells, which are then eliminated by the body
- Phototherapy: which helps to firm up the skin. This method is to be used in combination with another method to act on cellulite.
In order to eliminate as much fat as possible, regardless of the type of anti-cellulite device you have chosen, it is important to hydrate as much as possible.
What is the best anti-cellulite device?
There is a wide range of anti-cellulite devices and it is difficult to say which is the best on the market.
However, all of these devices are affordable allies in reducing your cellulite.
There are three types of anti-cellulite devices: massagers, infrared, and wave-emitting devices. The best results are achieved in combination with a healthy diet and regular exercise. However, the best device against cellulite may differ depending on the type of cellulite to be treated.
These devices are less expensive than treatments in beauty salons, they are easy to use and their effectiveness and performance are very convincing.
In any case, these devices firm and tone the skin.
What are the advantages of an anti-cellulite device?
Whatever type of equipment you choose, their goal will be to target the accumulated fat to help the body gradually flush out the fat itself.
This is why it is important to combine the use of these devices with good hydration, a balanced diet and regular physical activity.
The advantages of an anti-cellulite device are:
- Affordable and less expensive than institute treatments
- Allows you to take care of yourself in complete privacy in case you’re embarrassed
- For related information about cellulite and the possible embarrassment caused by it, read our other article Should I be embarrassed of my cellulite?
- Allows to make targeted massages
- Doesn’t require much effort to use (except for regular use)
What is the disadvantage of these devices?
One of the disadvantages of these devices is that they do not necessarily target all types of cellulite.
This is why it is best to know what type of cellulite you want to treat and then find the most suitable device for your cellulite.
Are cellulite rollers really effective? Conclusion
Yes they are, but you need to make sure that you choose the right one for the type of cellulite you wish to reduce.
Of all the devices to fight against cellulite, rollers are one of the most used methods because they are accessible to all in terms of price.
In addition, the rollers are quite convenient not only in size but also in use which is still quite easy.
It is important to choose your roller according to the type of cellulite you want to treat.
Their effectiveness is proven if one adopts a regular physical activity combined with a varied and balanced diet.
The regular use of a cellulite roller associated with a healthy lifestyle can therefore help to reduce cellulite.