Aromatherapy to treat cellulite is becoming more and more popular, with a large number of oils that reduce cellulite as much as possible.
Remember that this orange peel skin is a natural phenomenon. Women are almost all affected at one time or another in our lives.
While cellulite is a complex matter, it can be treated with natural elements such as aromatherapy.
Aromatherapy is the use of essential oils for curative purposes. Aromatherapy to treat cellulite involves draining fat and water stored in fat cells. The massaging effect improves blood circulation . Some essential oils are better suited than others.
Essential oils are fragrant products with complex compositions extracted from vegetable raw materials.
These substances are highly concentrated in active molecules and can be found in flowers, wood, leaves, roots and seeds of plants.
There are oils which are more suited to treat cellulite than others, and no oil should be directly applied to the skin.
Table of Contents
- 1 Aromatherapy to treat cellulite: How are essential oils extracted?
- 2 How to store essential oils?
- 3 Aromatherapy and cellulite treatment
- 4 Combination of food, sport, essential oil and massage
- 5 Aromatherapy to treat cellulite: Conclusion
Aromatherapy to treat cellulite: How are essential oils extracted?
Different extraction methods exist:
- Solvent extraction
- Supercritical CO2 extraction
How to store essential oils?
Essential oils are generally not very sensitive to microbial aggression. But it is important to know that some of their molecules can be sensitive to heat and light.
This is why storing essential oils in opaque brown glass containers is preferable.
Aromatherapy and cellulite treatment
Some essential oils have active ingredients that help drain fat and water stored in fat cells.
Essential oils can therefore be used to drain deeply. They also allow the elimination of the bad components of the hypodermis. It is therefore advisable to favor essential oils that help boost venous circulation.
Used during massages, essential oils can also activate that venous circulation which will help reduce cellulite. In addition, they have decongestant and firming properties.
What essential oils help reduce cellulite?
There are several essential oils recommended for the skin care treatment of cellulite. Here is a list of the best ones:
- essential oil of lemon (Citrus limonum)
- essential oil of sweet orange (Citrus sinensis)
- essential oil of red mandarin (Citrus reticulata blanco)
- essential oil of green mandarin (Citrus reticulata blanco)
- essential oil of clementine (Citrus clementina)
- essential oil of grapefruit (Citrus paradisi)
- essential oil of Yuzu (Citrus ichangensis)
- essential oil of patchouli (Pogostemon cablin)
- essential oil of Atlas cedar (Cedrus atlantica)
- essential oil of Virginia cedar (Juniperus virginiana)
- essential oil of Himalayan cedar (Cedrus deodora)
- essential oil of christe marine (Chritmum maritimum)
- essential oil of eucalyptus mint (Eucalyptus dives)
- essential oil of juniper (Juniperus communis)
- essential oil of lemongrass (Cymbopogon flexuosus)
- essential oil of fennel (Foeniculum vulgare)
- essential oil of rose geranium (Pelargonium asperum)
- essential oil of rosemary verbenone (Rosmarinus officinalis verbenone)
- essential oil of sage (Salvia officinalis)
- essential oil of carrot (Daucus carota)
- essential oil of ahibero (Cymbopogon giganteus)
How to use these essential oils?
It is important to note that essential oils should not be applied directly to the skin as they can be very irritating.
It is always advisable to dilute them with a base such as a vegetable oil or a body cream.
There are good practices for using essential oils:
- Essential oils are powerful. It is important to know the precautions of use of each essential oil.
- Pregnant women are not advised to use essential oils during the first trimester of pregnancy.
- Women breastfeeding should not use essential oils because some active molecules can pass through the milk.
- Essential oils can be allergenic. Before each new use, it is preferable to carry out a test of cutaneous tolerance inside the fold of the elbow and wait 24 hours before using it.
- Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Always keep your essential oils out of children’s reach. Some essential oils can cause nervous disorders in children under 6 years old.
- People who are on medication should always seek the advice of a specialist before using essential oils. Indeed, there may be risks of interactions between the different drug molecules.
- One avoids exposure to the sun after the application of an essential oil. It is preferable to wait at least 4 hours before exposing yourself to the sun.
Tip: For a list of helpful essential oil recipes against cellulite, read our other post Essential oil recipes for cellulite: At-home DIY cellulite remedies
Combination of food, sport, essential oil and massage
To reduce cellulite, it is essential to combine these four elements which are:
- A healthy, varied and balanced diet
- Regular physical activity
- Choose draining and decongesting essential oils such as lemon, juniper or cedar essential oil
- And finally, daily massages based on essential oil preparations or anti-cellulite treatments.
Good to know: it is always necessary to know your type of cellulite first in order to choose the best treatment.
It is important to adopt an anti-cellulite care routine with scrubs or massages with essential oils to get visible results.
Tip: For a handy list of beauty care cellulite reduction treatments, check out our other article Best beauty care cellulite reduction treatments
Aromatherapy to treat cellulite: Conclusion
There is no one clear cut remedy to reduce cellulite. A healthy lifestyle is essential to limit cellulite, and so is nutrition, and aromatherapy is another element to combat that dreaded orange peel.
It is important to realize that it is impossible to make it disappear completely because it remains a natural phenomenon and all women have it.
Aromatherapy can be a valuable aid in achieving satisfactory results. Stick to it, because it depends on consistency and regularity.