Best beauty care cellulite reduction treatments are probably one of the most popular searches on the Internet.
Cellulite is a major complex for women and affects many of us on our buttocks, thighs, and arms or stomach.
Even if you’ve made your peace with it, we would all love not have any, or at least, less.
As a general rule, beauty care cellulite reduction treatments such as thalassotherapy, acupuncture, massages, endermologie and creams applied by professionals can go a long way in preventing and reducing the dreaded orange peel, which can afflict all shapes and sizes of people.
Before fighting cellulite, it is best to understand it first, then see what are the treatments most suited to you.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best beauty care cellulite reduction treatments: Introduction
- 2 Cellulite triggers
- 3 Treatments for cellulite
- 4 Home care and advice
- 5 Best beauty care cellulite reduction treatments: Conclusion
Best beauty care cellulite reduction treatments: Introduction
Cellulite can be defined as a fatty mass under the skin usually found on the buttocks, hips, and thighs in women.
There are two types of cellulite:
The thick tissue of cellulite seems to adhere to the muscles. It is barely possible to detach it from the muscle tissue. These are sensitive to touch because of the nerve endings.
It is generally found in young women in good physical condition.
Soft cellulite often occupies large areas. It is mobile and seems to float between the skin and the muscles. Being “loose”, it sags and hangs in flaccid folds and bulges.
It is found in women whose hard cellulite has not been treated, in people whose tissues lack firmness, and in people who are on intensive diets with weight variations.
Even if cellulite is a natural phenomenon, it is important to know that it appears as a result of different factors.
Hormones and cellulite
Puberty, pregnancy, the contraceptive pill, pre-menopause, menopause, and certain medications are all factors that favor the appearance of orange peel skin.
Cellulite is directly related to the secretion of the female glands, the ovaries, and especially the “folliculin”.
Hormones vary during the menstrual cycle. If they do not normally settle from one cycle to the next, the excess can cause water retention.
The pill and pregnancy can trigger cellulite because the body is flooded with estrogen at that time, a hormone that promotes water retention in the connective tissue.
Cellulite is inherited
Genetic factors influence the number of adipocytes (fat cells) in our bodies. Each individual is born with a certain number of adipocytes that develop from puberty until they become fixed.
Digestion and cellulite
A bad assimilation of lipids, carbohydrates, proteins and constipation can result in a bad elimination of waste and toxins. Hello cellulite.
Lifestyle causes cellulite.
Lack of physical activity, lack of sleep, baths that are too hot, an unbalanced diet, or alcohol and/or tobacco abuse all influence orange peel skin.
Bad lifestyle choices are inherent with the creation of cellulite.
Cellulite and the psychological factor
Overwork, stress and certain emotional shocks can also trigger cellulite.
Treatments for cellulite
To reduce cellulite, you can choose from several treatments:
- Ionization: a process that allows anti-cellulite products to penetrate deeply
- Electrical stimulation that causes muscle contraction (with an ab muscle stimulator for example)
- Pressotherapy, which is a finger pressure massage (acupuncture method)
- Balneo and thalassotherapy. These treatments use baths, seawater, marine products and water jets
- Sports. As a preventive measure, practice at least 30 minutes a day. Water aerobics is interesting because it also does drainage work
- Endermologie, which involves the motorized technique of palpating and rolling
- Plastic surgery.
The anti-cellulite massage
This type of massage is also called slimming, firming or circulatory massage. Its main purpose will be to activate and improve blood circulation.
The palpate and roll massage is a maneuver specifically designed to treat cellulite. It is always practiced on well-prepared, well-warmed tissues with effleurage and will always be followed by drainage.
This massage will also include movements that promote bowel movements, breathing and relaxation. Some of the maneuvers also act on the lymphatic system.
Essential oils can also be used in the treatment against cellulite, more on that here: Aromatherapy to treat cellulite: How to use anti-cellulite essential oils
Home care and advice
If you’re not in a position to spend too much money, there are also treatments and techniques that you can do yourself.
Care and products
At home, anti-cellulite creams are applied regularly in the morning and evening, on a cleansed and exfoliated epidermis.
At the care level:
- Use a horsehair glove or an exfoliating product
- Avoid taking too hot baths and always end your bath or shower with a cold water jet on the areas to be treated
- Avoid prolonged sauna and hammam.
Slimming products are a good aid to eliminate fatty deposits that resist diet and exercise. The active ingredients of these treatments will focus on slimming, improving blood circulation and firming.
Tips and habits to adopt
There are a few tips to help reduce cellulite:
- Abandon compressive clothing and long sitting positions
- Do some physical activity: walking, swimming, gymnastics
- Relax, learn to breathe well
- Avoid fatigue, stress and boredom
- Finally, don’t skimp on a good night’s sleep.
Food-wise, there are some basic rules to respect:
- Drink lots of water to drain toxins
- Avoid salty food as it encourages water retention
- Avoid drinking alcohol
- Choose to eat fish and plant proteins. Avoid animal fats
- Decrease glucose intake
- And above all, eat slowly and take the time to chew properly in a relaxed atmosphere at set times. Don’t skip meals and give priority to breakfast.
Best beauty care cellulite reduction treatments: Conclusion
There are a number of treatments that you can take advantage of, both at a spa or at home.
Cellulite affects many women, including those who do not have a weight problem (so accepting it is the right thing to do).
There are many treatments in beauty salons that allow you to reduce your orange peel skin.
A healthy lifestyle combined with a balanced diet and regular physical activity are essential to maintain for less cellulite.
Even if there are many treatments to reduce cellulite, remember that it is a natural phenomenon and everyone has it!
Related post: How are essential oils manufactured? Extraction methods explained