Are you looking for the best bed frame for overweight person?
Then you are definitely in the right place as this review will discuss everything you need to look for when buying a bed frame for heavy person and also recommend some of the best beds for large people in the market.
As you might have found out already, not all bed frames are made the same; some are strong while some are downright weak.
Heavier people need a bed that will not only be able to hold their weight without breaking down but also stay intact for years to come.
Why Should You Consider A Heavy Duty Bed Frame Heavy Person?
- To avoid breaking the bed and falling in your sleep because of subjecting the bed frame to too much weight.
- So you can get in and off your bed with ease.
- To save money that you would otherwise use pairing the bed frame regularly or buying another bed.
- To have a peaceful night sleep without worry or squeaky noise.
- To have comfortable and enjoyable nights in bed.
- To enhance the longevity of the mattress because it won’t be sagging in the middle.
- To ensure adequate distribution of weight all over the bed.
Consider This Before Buying The Best Bed Frame For Overweight Person.
The number one rule of thumb when it comes to sturdy beds for heavy adults is never going cheap.
Cheap means that the material used is of poor quality and the construction is substandard.
Heavy-duty materials like steel and hardwood are usually expensive so the bed should be a bit pricy too.
How much weight can a bed frame hold? The bed frame should be able to handle your weight, and the weight of the mattress and more with ease.
You must therefore consider your weight and if you are looking for a bed frame for obese couple consider your spouse’s weight as well.
One thing that larger people often ignore when choosing a bed frame for heavy person is the width.
Obese people usually take up a lot of space when sleeping and that must be considered.
Instead of buying regular or twin size beds, a larger person should go for a queen or king size bed so they can be able to turn and toss comfortably.
- Extra Support
Apart from just being a strong frame, the best bed frame for heavy person must have extra reinforcement to support a heavier person.
The frame must be well constructed with additional middle bars for reinforcement and even a middle leg under the frame.
Most steel beds have support bars and metal brackets welded along the bed frame to ensure the mattress doesn’t sag at all.
There are few things that are as irritating as a bed that makes a squeaky noise every time you move.
Unfortunately, obese people face this challenge often because of buying bed frames that are meant for lighter people.
When choosing a bed frames for heavy people, you must ensure the bed frame is made of strong and durable material that will not wobble or start making noise when you sleep on it.
The construction especially the joining also matters a lot so make sure it is tightened and everything is well put together.
Heavy Duty Bed Frame For Heavy Person.
1. Zinus 14 Inch Smartbase Heavy Duty Platform Bed Frame 4400Lbs.
Zinus 14 Inch Smartbase Heavy Duty Bed Frame is a complete mattress foundation for any type of mattress and you won’t need to buy a box spring.
The metal platform comes with reinforced edges for durability and mattress support and the t-shaped legs are recesses for safety and stability.
This deluxe bed frame is made for extremely heavy people and it can comfortably hold several people because it has a weight capacity of 4400 pounds and king size dimensions of 76 by 80 inches.
It’s one of the best bed frame for overweight person for super comfort and safety.
- T-shaped leg construction with locking system for stability.
- Weighs 56 pounds.
- 14 inches high and leaves 1 inches clearance under the bed for storage.
- Compact and foldable design for storage.
- 5 years warranty.
- It’s easy to assemble tool-free.
- It comes with plastic caps on the legs to protect the floor.
- It’s compact and foldable so you can carry it easily up the stairs or in tight spaces.
- It’s very durable and protects your mattress from sagging and damage.
- It’s sturdy and very quiet.
- The headboard comes separately and it doesn’t hold up well so you shouldn’t lean on it.
2. Classic Brands Hercules 14-Inch Heavy-Duty Platform Metal Bed Frame.
This Classic Brands Hercules 14-Inch Heavy-Duty Platform Bed is an extremely strong bed frame that offers superior support for anyone who is one the heavier side.
The black metal platform bed for heavy person fits inside most king size beds and it can be used without any foundation or box spring.
This heavy duty king bed frame has 12 points of contact to the floor ensuring the ultimate support to the mattress so it can last longer.
The frame allows better distribution of weight and it has 13 inches of clearance underneath for storage.
- Its 14 inches high.
- Strong metal construction.
- Capped legs to protect the floor.
- Footboard and headboard sold separately.
- It’s easy to assemble and carry to the house
- It’s extremely affordable
- You can use with or without a box spring
- It gives your bed a sleek and contemporary look without compromising support
- There are a few complaints that the bed starts squeaking with time.
3. Olee Sleep 14 Inch T-3000 Heavy Duty Non-Slip Support Bed Frame 2000lbs.
The Olee Sleep Sturdy King Bed Frame is strong enough to support a heavy deluxe mattress and 2000 pounds of weight.
The strong king size bed frame is made of strong steel bars for strength and durability and the mattress is embedded in the steel frame to prevent sliding.
This is an entry-level bed frame for obese people that is very affordable and you should use it without a box spring.
The fact that it’s all steel and no wood makes it durable and its also incredibly spacious measuring 75 by 54 inches.
- Its 14 inches off the ground with 13 inches clearance beneath.
- The frame allows easy attachment of headboard and footboard.
- It has amazing central leg support for reinforcement.
- The entire bed is made of steel.
- Unique steel slate to hold the mattress.
- It’s easy to assemble.
- It’s self-folding and compact enough to move through stairs and small spaces.
- It’s very quiet.
- It is sturdy and strong.
- The frame is bulky and not easy to move around.
4. South Shore Heavy Duty Queen Bed Frame Platform Bed 500Lbs
This South Shore Heavy Duty Queen Bed Frame is what you want in your bedroom if you want something sleek and contemporary.
It features a simple design that is very classy and alluring using bright colors that go with any décor.
The sturdy bed frame for obese people was designed for small spaces so it’s easy to carry up the stair case and doors but it’s very spacious and two big people will fit comfortably.
It is a very comfortable and good bed frame for heavy person that doesn’t require a box spring and it has profiled edges to keep the mattress in place.
- Made with non-toxic laminated particleboards
- Its 63 by 82 inches
- Weight capacity of 500 pounds
- Rounded corners for safety
- 9 inches height with storage under the bed and you can install drawers
- It’s very easy to assemble
- The bed looks amazing, modern and goes with any décor
- Its low enough to make it easy to get in and out of bed
- It’s very well-constructed with glossy finish and secure slats
- This platform comes in a very heavy box that is hard to carry.
5. Kings Brand Furniture Metal Bed Frame Heavy Duty Queen Bed Frame.
You cannot talk about strong beds for heavy people without bringing in this Kings Brand Furniture Metal Bed Frame that has 7-legs and superb center support.
This adjustable bed frame is all metal for strength and durability and it gives amazing support to your mattress and headboard.
The frame can be used for any bed except king size beds and it’s easy to move thanks to the rug rollers and locking wheels.
It weighs only 25 pounds and sits 7.5 inches off the ground which is perfect height for obese people.
- It’s available in 5 different sizes
- Made with solid steel material for durability
- It has a low profile and wheels
- It’s well supported with 7 legs and support bar in the middle
- It’s very affordable and easy to set up
- It offers the best support for mattress and headboard
- It’s easy to move because its light and comes with wheels
- The wheels have a locking system for safety and stability
- The rug rollers can scratch your floor or slide so you need a carpet or caps
When picking the best bed frame for overweight person, there are so many things that one must consider apart from the desired features such as compatibility with mattress.
Be sure to choose an extra sturdy king bed frame that can accommodate any mattress and probably doesn’t need a foundation or box spring.