Best makeup for aging skin is a must to keep a flawless look without piling it up and achieving the opposite effect.
Putting on makeup is an art! Achieving this, especially after forty, is not so easy.
As a general rule, women over 40 find that they need to change their makeup style. Less is more, and balance is key. Differentiate between morning and evening makeup, and make sure that the colors complement your eye and hair color. Adapt your makeup to your skin tone for maximum effect.
It may require the purchase of several types of cosmetic products, brushes and sponges of good quality, all used with patience, precision, and especially confidence to be irresistible!
After a certain age, it can become challenging to keep confidence in oneself and even more in one's beauty. Older women start having more and more flaws in their skin, mainly resulting in wrinkles on the face.
But don't panic! This article will give you tips and tricks to have a perfect complexion despite your aging skin, so read on to unlock some wonderful beauty tips.
Table of Contents
- 1 Best makeup for aging skin: Introduction
- 2 A few simple gestures to make skin care easier
- 3 How to choose your makeup
- 4 Choosing the right makeup for a party
- 5 Best makeup for aging skin: Conclusion
Best makeup for aging skin: Introduction
Before giving you makeup advice, it is important to know the leading causes of skin aging.
Indeed, the skin tends to lose its tone more quickly following:
- Poor nutrition (Do you regularly eat junk food, potato chips, etc. or do you continuously crave sugar?)
- Poor sleep
- Inappropriate skin care
- Seasonal changes (many people experience sensitive skin during the fall, for example)
- Prolonged stress (causing cortisol to negatively affect your skin), or
- Deterioration of the blood circulation.
A few simple gestures to make skin care easier
To make skin care easier, it is possible to adopt a few simple habits on a daily basis. Here is a list of interesting tips:
- First of all, it is essential to know that prolonged exposure to the sun activates the skin's aging process. It is best to wear a wide-brimmed hat or panama hat in bright sunlight.
- Cosmetic creams (except sun protection) are ineffective in preventing skin aging. In fact, they simply cause swelling of the skin, because of which the wrinkles are hidden.
- In winter, don't wash your face with water just before going outside. Apply a protective nourishing cream no later than 35 minutes before leaving the premises.
- Avoid using too much soap when washing as it causes wrinkles and swelling to appear on the eyelids. In addition, soap dries out the skin.
- The water temperature is important. Hot water degreases and dries the skin. It helps relax the superficial muscles, which leads to sagging skin and wrinkles. It washes away dirt but at the same time enlarges the pores and reduces the skin's resistance.
- Wash your face with warm water once a day, preferably in the evening, then rinse with cold water. Instead of hot water, it is recommended to use lukewarm water, followed by a cold water wash.
- Washing with lukewarm water soothes the nervous system, relaxes muscular tension in the skin, and prepares the body well for sleep.
How to choose your makeup
Each woman chooses her cosmetic products and, therefore, her makeup according to her preferences and tastes.
There are several options for day and evening makeup:
The main rule of beautiful daytime makeup is that there should be only one accent. Indeed, if you decide to highlight your eyes, your lip makeup will be more subdued.
Conversely, if you're using a great shade of lipstick, apply only golden eye shadow.
To do this, apply a soft gold powder or greasy eye shadow and cover your lashes with a cotton ball so that no unnecessary marks remain.
The most common way to choose an eye shadow is to look at your eye color. The look will become more expressive, and the image will be sexier. In general, the universal shade is still dark gray, and the most capricious shade is pink.
Matching the shadows in contrast with the eye color is a great idea!
If you have brown eyes and like the color chocolate, try choosing a cooler shade of brown. Otherwise, try applying gold or turquoise eye shadows.
The eye color can be even more vibrant if you use an eye shadow with a shimmery effect. Cool shades (like lilac) with a pearly sheen can add expressiveness and mystery to your style.
For women with light eyes, a cool color range will be appropriate. Your colors are blue-gray, pastel pink, lilac, and all shades of white. Choose colors like purple, dark blue, or silver for the evening.
For brunettes, feel free to use a dark pencil for your eyes. Go for black and gray colors and highlight the inner corner of the eye with white.
The fall color palette for blondes with dark eyes is ideal: choose bronze, brown, beige, and ochre tones.
For brunettes with dark skin, the best combination includes cool and warm tones such as pink and gold.
Finally, for redheads, choose shades that match the eyes, like pale blue, turquoise, olive, or brown.
Applying mascara is a must in makeup!
It helps the eyes look bigger, especially challenging for older women.
For fair-skinned women, it's best to choose a warm brown shade, while for women with dark skin, go for black mascara.
Having long curly lashes is every woman's dream.
And this dream can be realized with a special mascara accompanied by a double-sided brush, which will be used to comb each lash.
Get a perfect complexion: foundation, powder, blush, and concealer
To achieve a perfect complexion, it is essential to test the foundation on the inside of your wrist: the skin color should be the same as on your face.
Foundation should be applied in strokes and dots for an even tone, smudging each drop from top to bottom. If you choose to use a loose powder, you need a wide brush.
To hide imperfections, you can opt for a long-lasting foundation. The silicone contained in its composition will allow easy lifting. Apply the foundation with a slightly damp sponge, and it will rest in a thin, even layer.
If you apply a matching cream, wait for it to be absorbed, or the tone will be stained. If you like to mix the cream with the foundation, do it on the palm of your hand.
The role of concealers is to hide skin imperfections and add highlights to the nose, cheekbones, and under the eyebrows.
Choose a creamy blush like eye shadow and glitter if you want a monochromatic makeup look.
Colored powders look like blush, but they are applied all over the face to improve skin tone and reduce signs of fatigue.
Makeup and care for your eyebrows
We don't say it often enough, but eyebrows are a part of makeup that is just as important as eyes and lips and therefore need special attention.
Of course, natural eyebrows are still popular, they are getting thicker, and their shape is more streamlined and almost square. But be careful.
The most important thing is not to confuse natural with carelessness! You need to create a natural effect while keeping a neat style.
If you decide to grow your eyebrows, the first thing you should do is avoid using tweezers. Instead, remove only the smallest amount of hair, only those far outside the line.
Don't be afraid to pluck along the top edge, especially if your eyebrows are thick. This will not reduce the width but will give them a cleaner shape.
If you want to speed up the regrowth process, rub castor oil, almond oil, or a regular nourishing conditioner on your eyebrows every day.
Too short eyebrows visually reduces the eyes, while long ones look sloppy.
Tip: To know the size of a good eyebrow:
- Place one end of the pencil in the center of the left nostril and the other in the inner corner of the eye.
- Put a point where the pencil touches the bone under the eyebrow: that's where the inner edge should be.
- Then, place the pencil on the outside of the nostril and the outer corner of the eye to determine where the eyebrow should end.
Tip: To make hair removal as painless as possible:
- Use a pair of tweezers with beveled ends
- Start with the bottom line just above the middle of the pupil, where the eyebrow is raised.
- Tighten the skin with your finger, grab the hair at the root and pull firmly in the direction of the growth.
- If you pluck too much, the eyebrow will lift, and you will have a constantly surprised look.
The color of the eyebrow makeup should match the color of the hair. The pencil gives sharpness and covers small areas well.
If you need to paint the eyebrows entirely, it is better to take the shadow of an appropriate shade to make them look more natural.
Choosing the right makeup for a party
Your skin needs to be glowing if you need makeup for the evening!
But if you don't want to get an oily shine as a result, mix your evening cream with foundation. Then set the result with glitter powder.
Choose a bronze color to shade the cheekbones, chin, and forehead. Give your eyes cocoa-colored shadows.
If you have dark skin, accentuate it with tinted gels with shimmering particles or a powder darker than your skin tone. Avoid blusher.
For evening makeup, don't neglect the lips. Choose from the following shades: fuchsia, neon pink, and lilac.
Apply lipstick with your fingers to achieve the "kissed" lip effect. Try not to go over the edge, so they look neat.
If you choose glossy lipstick, you can skip the outline. Otherwise, in other cases, the outline is drawn on the lipstick and matched with the lip color to achieve a soft line.
The lip gloss makes the lips moist and incredibly shiny, thanks to the high concentration of luminous pigments.
Some women prefer to choose warmer colors and often apply red lipstick. Indeed, red lips are a symbol of sex appeal for all generations.
To create an eye-catching look, use a large brush to apply the lightest shade of loose powder to your face. As a result, red lips will be even brighter.
Line your lips with a pencil, then apply lipstick, blot with a tissue to set the color, and re-coat with lipstick. Then put a drop of lip gloss in the middle of the lips as a finishing touch.
Best makeup for aging skin: Conclusion
All these makeup tips will help you feel beautiful despite your aging skin partly due to free radicals. In addition, there are a whole series of simple gestures to adopt to slow down skin aging.
Today, there is a whole range of cosmetic products made for each skin type.
Whether you are a brunette, blonde, or redhead, it's essential to adapt your makeup to your skin tone. Read about it in more detail on makeup and skincare for different races.
You should always try to choose natural makeup or makeup with as few chemical components as possible.
Whatever your age, know that every woman is already beautiful in her natural state and that the right makeup will only make her even more beautiful!
Finally, it is important to take care of your nutrition! Eat more superfoods for healthier skin and try to eat enough fruits and vegetables because they're good for your skin!