Essential oil recipes for cellulite are key to the best at-home DIY cellulite remedies.
Have you tried all sorts of anti-cellulite creams, spending your money on ineffective creams bought in pharmacies?
Perhaps you don’t want to have liposuction, a too radical and too expensive technique?
As a whole, by using the right essential oils in the recommended amounts, together with adequate scrub recipes, essential oil recipes for cellulite can be easily made at home for DIY cellulite remedies.
It’s not just a matter of throwing together some lavender oil you bought in the south of France, so we thought of bringing to you the best and complete recipes for DIY cellulite treatments.
Table of Contents
- 1 Essential oil recipes for cellulite VS anti-cellulite creams
- 2 Essential oil recipes for cellulite
- 3 Exfoliating care recipes
- 4 Tips to help you get rid of your cellulite
- 5 Essential oil recipes for cellulite: Conclusion
Essential oil recipes for cellulite VS anti-cellulite creams
First of all, you should know that the majority of creams on the market contain very few active ingredients.
An emulsion or cream is composed of 80% water, and only 15% are emulsifiers and mineral oils. The remaining 5% are stabilizers, preservatives, and texturizing agents.
In reality, there is only a tiny amount of active ingredients, representing 1% or less of the total composition.
This explains the few results you could obtain using so-called anti-cellulite creams.
On the other hand, you can obtain very good results by using essential oil-based treatments.
Tip: Learn more about the basics of aromatherapy in the fight against cellulite by reading our other article Aromatherapy to treat cellulite: How to use anti-cellulite essential oils
If you want to get rid of this complex, continue reading this article and finally take action!
Essential oil recipes for cellulite
There are many homemade anti-cellulite treatments, and here are a few that will help you reduce your orange peel skin.
Some homemade recipes prefer to speak in drops instead of fluid ounces (oz) when preparing essential oils.
Just be aware that 25 drops of essential oils correspond to 0.03 oz of essential oil.
Make your own anti-cellulite firming milk
For this treatment, add the following ingredients to an empty bottle:
- 3.5 oz of moisturizing body milk, organic if possible
- 0.07 oz of Italian helichrysum essential oil
- 0.07 oz of green cypress essential oil
- 0.07 oz of Atlas cedar essential oil
- 0.03 oz of juniper oil.
Morning and evening, apply this cream with light massages.
Don’t use this if you’re pregnant or breast feeding.
Recipe against orange-peel skin
Thanks to the essential oil of Italian helichrysum, it is possible to have visible results in a few days.
- 0.10 oz of Italian Helichrysum essential oil
- 0.10 oz of Atlas cedar essential oil
- 0.10 oz of rosemary essential oil
- 0.10 oz of grapefruit essential oil
- 0.10 oz of lemon eucalyptus essential oil
- 0.35 oz of Chilean rosehip essential oil
- 0.85 oz of apricot kernel essential oil.
Apply this lotion twice a day to refine your figure.
Recipe for an anti-cellulite massage oil
For this massage oil, the following ingredients are mixed in a 3.38 oz. amber bottle:
- 1.70 oz hazelnut vegetable oil
- 1.35 oz of arnica vegetable oil
- 0.14 oz of juniper essential oil.
Massage morning and evening with 10 drops of this mixture, targeting the specific areas.
Not to be used when pregnant or breast feeding.
Recipe for an anti-cellulite and anti-stretch mark oil
- 1.70 fluid oz of macadamia vegetable oil
- 1 oz of avocado vegetable oil
- 0.03 oz of mandarin essential oil
- 0.07 oz of true lavender essential oil.
This treatment is applied twice a day to the areas to be treated (thighs, buttocks, stomach).
- Be aware that mandarin and lavender essential oils are photo-sensitizing oils. Therefore it is not recommended to expose yourself to the sun after applying this care.
- This formula is not suitable for use during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Exfoliating care recipes
The other homemade recipes we suggest are exfoliating treatments that help reduce cellulite.
The anti-cellulite scrub
In a bowl, mix the following ingredients:
- 0.17 oz of olive oil
- 10 drops of sweet orange essential oil
- 0.5 oz of sugar
- 0.34 of aloe vera gel.
Use this scrub on the areas to be treated. Then, leave it on for 5 minutes and rinse with warm water.
It is recommended that this scrub be performed two to three times a week.
Reminder: this scrub is to be used outside of pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The anti-cellulite and anti-stretch mark scrub
Here’s another style of skincare that not only helps reduce cellulite but also helps reduce stretch marks. In a bowl, combine the following:
- 0.35 oz of olive oil
- 10 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 0.35 oz of coffee
- 0.35 oz of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
Exfoliate the areas to be treated and leave on for 5 minutes. Then rinse with warm water.
Reminder: this scrub is to not be used in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Tips to help you get rid of your cellulite
Even if you use these “homemade” treatments daily, it is important to note that cellulite is a natural phenomenon and that all women have it (so you also need to work on cellulite acceptance).
However, we can try to reduce it, especially limiting its appearance, by adopting a series of habits to have a good lifestyle.
Here are some of them:
- Avoid wearing clothes that are too tight, as this impedes blood circulation. We alternate our wardrobe with looser clothes and tighter ones if we like tight-fitting outfits.
- Practice regular physical activity such as cardio training. After 30 minutes of sustained effort, the body begins to draw on its fat reserves.
- Eat a diet low in fat and refined sugar. We also avoid too salty dishes and prefer fruits and vegetables.
- Limit your intake of animal fats. Red meat and cold cuts are limited.
- Prioritize your protein intake with vegetable proteins. We favor legumes, quinoa, spirulina, and soy.
- Apply essential oils to treat your cellulite.
- And finally, exfoliate regularly to optimize the effectiveness of massage oils or other treatments.
Essential oil recipes for cellulite: Conclusion
Essential oils are a great natural way to reduce that dreaded orange peel.
There are many natural recipes to reduce cellulite. If you want to use natural products, you should use essential oils that have draining or firming actions.
Even with the use of natural care to limit the appearance of orange peel skin, we must not lose sight of the fact that a healthy lifestyle is also important.
And finally, don’t forget that cellulite affects all women, whether they are round or thin so you shouldn’t be ashamed of your cellulite!!
Final tip: Did you know that essential oils are also great for stress relief? Read all about it in our other article Essential oils for stress relief: List of best calming options