How to get skinny thighs and with what exercises can it be done?
On this page you will discover some suitable exercises to make your thighs slimmer and more attractive!
We all have things about our bodies that we’d like to see a little more toned. The inner thigh area is typically one of those problem areas.
Can fat inner thighs be toned?
Although it isn’t possible to choose where you lose fat, you can target the problem areas with the right workouts…
Table of Contents
How to get skinny thighs? Introduction
Do you want your thighs to be a little more toned?
Then there are some exercises that’ll help you tighten up the thigh area, create muscles, and slim you down.
- For the best results, do the following exercises, one after another, with minimal rest in between.
- Repeat this workout (combination of all the exercises) 3 times a week, followed by 25 to 30 min of cardio.
- Eat healthy for maximum results, read our nutrition tips in What foods cause thigh fat?
- Don’t lose sight of the good things about big thighs! It’s not a black and white story!
Next up, we’ll explain the best exercises you can do around the house to slim down your thighs!
Seated knee bending
- Sit with your hands pushed on the floor next to your hips.
- Keep your elbows slightly bent but not locked.
- Bend your knees in towards your body.
- Keep your knees touching and toes pointing forward while you look straight ahead.
- Slightly lean forward and tighten your abdominals.
- Slide your toes over the floor and spread your knees outwards.
- Then, draw your knees together till they touch.
That’s one rep! Try to repeat this exercise 25 times. If this isn’t possible at first, try to build towards this goal. Exercises get easier with training.
This motion doesn’t only shape and tone your inner thighs when you close your legs.
It also tones your abdominals and hips while you lean forward during the move.
- Lie on your back, your arms relaxing on the floor beside you.
- Slowly bend your knees towards your chest, drawing your abs in.
- Bend your feet and turn your knees out to the sides. Your heels need to be touching.
- Now, press your legs out, expanding them at a 45-degree angle.
- With both legs extended and turned to the outside, squeeze the back of your knees together.
- Bend your knees back in, keeping the exact same 45-degree line as you go back down.
Inner thigh pulse
- Stand up on your left leg, and lift your right leg slightly off the ground, flexing at the knee.
- Turn your knee out sideways and bring your right lower leg in front of your left leg.
- Point your heel towards the ceiling, raising it up as high as you can.
- While keeping heel up, lower your right leg towards the floor again.
That’s one rep! Try to repeat this exercise 20 times on each side. This means 20 times with your right leg, 20 times with your left leg.
If you’d like a challenge, you can also do this exercise with your leg flat on the floor on a yoga mat.
Lifting up your heel from this position will be more challenging because of gravity.
Side-to-side plié squat
- Look forward and stand with your feet about 3 feet apart.
- Keep your knees and toes at about 45 degrees while your hands rest on your hips.
- This four-count move begins with a basic ballet plié.
- Bend your knees, lower your hips towards the floor, and go as low as you can.
- Keep your shoulders aligned with your hips, your back straight, and your knees in one line with your toes.
- Lower down into the plie and hold for 35 seconds.
- Slowly unbend your legs and slide your left heel towards your right.
- Squeeze your inner thighs together for 35 seconds.
- Take a big step back to the left, repeat the plié, and slide your right heel back in.
That’s one rep! Try to repeat this exercise 15 times.
Towel bridge: How to get skinny thighs
- Lie flat down with your knees bent, feet flat on the floor, arms relaxed at your side, and looking upwards.
- Keep a folded hand towel between your knees.
- Squeeze your knees together to hold onto the towel (this really activates your inner thighs!)
- Lift your hips off the floor up to the ceiling as high as you can.
- Hold for two counts, then lower down.
That’s one rep! Try to repeat this exercise 15 times.
- Stand up straight with your feet together, toes pointing straight, arms by your sides, head and neck directly looking forward.
- To start, take a wide skate step with your right foot to the right side.
- Then, pull your left foot towards it, reaching your left arm forward while you bring your right elbow back as if you’re skating.
- Quickly repeat the previous for your other leg.
Do this exercise as much as you can, switching side to side for at least one minute.
This double-purposed exercise doesn’t only tone and shape your inner thigh muscles.
It also burns fat when you change the movement quickly from side to side.
Circular kicks: How to get skinny thighs
- Start with your feet at hip-width apart, arms relaxed next to you, while you look straight forward.
- Step forward with your left foot, and brush your right leg forward off the floor.
- Make a big circular sweep from left to right with your leg.
- Step onto the right foot, and repeat on the left.
That’s one rep! Try to repeat this 15 times.
This type of circular kick tones and slims your inner thighs because you control your leg through a circular motion.
And this while you extend your inner thigh muscles when you open your leg to the side.
Clothing tip: Are you looking for some great jeans? Check out our selection of the best jeans for people with thicker thighs.