Massages with essential oils and body scrub to eliminate orange peel skin can not only be done at home but can also be done with homemade skincare products.
Cellulite is a major complex for many women. Yet, it is a natural phenomenon that affects many women regardless of their morphology.
If you too have tried to get rid of that orange peel skin with creams and it didn’t give you any results, don’t panic!
Anti-cellulite care massages start with a dry massage, followed by a massage with essential oils. Body scrubs can also be applied to improve the appearance of cellulite. However, the best results come from combining these treatments with a healthy, balanced diet and regular exercise.
Read on to get to know some homemade recipes for body scrubs and anti-cellulite massage oils.
Table of Contents
- 1 Massages with essential oils and body scrub to eliminate orange peel skin: What is cellulite?
- 2 Anti-cellulite care
- 3 Massage with essential oils to fight against cellulite
- 4 Coffee body scrub
- 5 Massages with essential oils and body scrub to eliminate orange peel skin: Conclusion
Massages with essential oils and body scrub to eliminate orange peel skin: What is cellulite?
Before revealing our homemade recipes, let’s recall what cellulite is exactly.
Also called orange-peel skin or dimples, cellulite is excess fat lodged under the epidermis, one of the layers that constitute our skin.
Tip: For more detailed info about our skin’s layers, functions and types, read our other post Functions of the skin and different skin types: Insights
It is most often found on the thighs, buttocks, hips and sometimes even on the stomach and arms.
The skin has a bumpy appearance which can become a physical complex for many people.
Cellulite affects women more than men. It is the result of several factors, including female hormonal variations.
Anti-cellulite treatment aims to improve the overall appearance of the skin and restore better circulation in the hypodermis while calming the inflammatory reaction underlying cellulite.
The treatment is done in two steps: the dry massage and the massage with essential oils.
The first step of this treatment is done without the application of a massage oil.
Warm up the areas affected by cellulite by rubbing with a horsehair glove.
Massage with essential oils
The second step of this treatment is to apply a mixture of essential oils and vegetable oil.
To do this, mix the following ingredients in a 3.38 oz bottle:
- 3 oz of macadamia vegetable oil
- 0.13 oz of rosemary camphor essential oil
- 0.10 oz of petitgrain essential oil
- 0.10 oz of lemon eucalyptus essential oil
Massage the mixture into the areas affected by cellulite by deeply massaging the fatty tissue, which will have been stimulated beforehand with the horsehair glove.
You can apply this mixture up to 2 times a day, until the skin’s appearance improves.
Precautions for use
This mixture is not recommended for pregnant and nursing women.
Rosemary camphor essential oil is recommended for its slimming and toning virtues. It also contains a significant level of neurotoxic molecules. Therefore, do not apply this mixture to risky nerve areas such as the spine or head.
Massage with essential oils to fight against cellulite
Another recipe for a massage with essential oils to fight cellulite. Mix in a container:
- 3.38 oz of arnica vegetable oil
- 0.40 oz. of pistachio essential oil
- 0.10 oz of Italian Helichrysum essential oil
- 0.16 oz of wintergreen essential oil
- 0.16 oz of cypress essential oil
During the last two weeks of the menstrual cycle, apply this mixture every morning before showering and every night at bedtime to the affected areas. Renew every month.
Continue the treatment for as long as you like, two applications a day, ten days a month.
The more you massage, the more you warm up the area and activate exchanges and circulation for better results.
A simple application is enough since the essential oils penetrate quickly.
Coffee body scrub
This coffee body scrub will leave your skin smooth and moisturized. It “polishes” your skin and gives it a brilliant shine while reducing the presence of cellulite.
Unfortunately, an application of this coffee body scrub will not get rid of cellulite completely.
However, keep this as a routine more than twice a week, along with a balanced diet and regular exercise. It should help eliminate the appearance of orange peel skin.
How does it work?
The caffeine contained in this body scrub is a stimulant and dilates the veins.
It essentially tones and sets your skin, but only for a short time.
The real benefit is that it increases flow, improves collagen and elastin generation, and decreases water retention.
Recipe for coffee body scrub
Here is the list of ingredients to make this recipe:
- 2.7 oz. organic whole grain brown sugar
- 2.7 oz of organic coconut oil. Be careful, it must be cold and hard. If the coconut oil is liquid, you can place it in the fridge to harden.
- 2.7 oz of organic liquid castile soap
- 2 tablespoons of organic ground coffee
Now for the instructions:
- In a high-speed blender: mix the sugar and coconut oil. Do not over mix as this will break down the sugar and melt the coconut oil.
- Pour the sugar and coconut oil into an aluminum bowl placed in another bowl filled with ice-cold water (bain-marie).
- Now, use an electric mixer to whip the scrub until fluffy and creamy.
- Add ground coffee and liquid soap.
- Put the scrub in a container and use it within a month.
- Keep this scrub in the refrigerator or leave it at room temperature below 77°F.
- Use it weekly in the morning shower as a body scrub. Gently rub your body and avoid sensitive areas.
Massages with essential oils and body scrub to eliminate orange peel skin: Conclusion
Even though there are many products on the market, it is possible to create your own homemade anti-cellulite treatments or scrubs.
You should also know that orange peel skin is a natural phenomenon that affects a large majority of women.
It is not enough to apply care products to reduce orange peel skin. It can be greatly reduced if combined with a healthy and balanced diet, all accompanied by regular physical activity.
Tip: For self-massage oil tips and techniques, read our other post How to perform a self-massage: Oil tips and best techniques