Today, organic and natural skincare products are promoted more and more.
Indeed, this category of cosmetics contains entirely organic ingredients unlike the so-called “conventional” skincare products which are composed of chemical ingredients.
Organic natural skincare products are derived from living, natural organisms. So, nothing has been created in a laboratory. They are made from natural elements such as minerals, mud, oils, plants or food. As a result, they are generally much less aggressive and much more nourishing for your skin.
Read on for an introduction to these organic natural skincare products that are better for our environment and especially for your health!
Table of Contents
- 1 Top reasons to use natural skincare products
- 1.1 Organic products are good for the environment
- 1.2 Organic products do not contain hazardous chemicals
- 1.3 Organic skincare products are rich in nutrients and smell great
- 1.4 Organic skincare products are fun and personal
- 1.5 Organic skincare products are cheap
- 1.6 Organic skincare products have slightly slower active ingredients
- 2 Summary of the benefits of organic skincare products
- 3 Top reasons to use natural skin care products: Conclusion
Top reasons to use natural skincare products
Organic products are good for the environment
Many of the non-organic makeup and other cosmetics you are used to are very bad for the environment and biodiversity.
Indeed, the creation of non-biological products requires facilities that produce toxic fumes and gases.
These products tend to include compounds such as petroleum, aluminum and lead. Some of these items require mining and do not do particularly well when left in landfills.
Aluminum mining is a very dangerous and unrewarding job. In addition, it causes the development of cancer and Alzheimer’s disease.
Therefore, let’s avoid this industry that is bad for our health, the health of the workers who produce this kind of article, and especially bad for Mother Nature where many harmful substances will end up in the ecosystem.
On the other hand, organic products use ingredients that come from natural agriculture and organic gardening.
These products are created by using much less harmful techniques to work the earth. And not surprisingly, they are extremely good for the planet.
Organic products do not contain hazardous chemicals
What first attracts most people to organic makeup and skin care is its freedom from harsh chemicals.
These contain many potentially harmful ingredients, such as parabens and phthalates, which can cause cancer and type 2 diabetes.
In addition, some of the artificial flavors and binding agents used in these conventional products can cause a variety of skin reactions, resulting in rashes and other skin problems.
Still not convinced to give up industrial products? Here is a list of some of the ingredients found in sun creams, moisturizers and conventional concealers:
- Lead: It has been removed from pencils because of the number of health problems it causes and the high probability that it is carcinogenic. Despite this, it is still used in large quantities in many makeup products.
- Perfume: It is not a single product but a term that encompasses many different products. These are designed to scent our skincare products but can cause rashes, headaches, dizziness and skin discoloration.
- Aluminum: In principle, there is nothing wrong with aluminum, it is when you apply it to your skin that it becomes a problem! It has estrogen-like effects, affecting your hormone balance and leading to muscle loss or depression.
- Estrogenic compounds: Makeup and skin products contain so many estrogenic compounds that their disposal down the drain has resulted in a significant decrease in testosterone levels in men.
Before using these products, you need to know that the skin absorbs whatever you apply to it. This means that these ingredients end up in your body and in your bloodstream, and that’s where the most serious problems come from.
Hazardous chemicals used in conventional shampoos
Makeup and skincare products are not the only ones to contain these contaminants and toxins! Let’s talk about the shampoo…
Walking around with harsh chemicals in your hair is not good for you! This means that you absorb these chemicals through your skin and inhale their fumes.
Many shampoos and skincare products contain estrogenic and synthetic compounds. As mentioned, these compounds function as true estrogens and can prevent the body from producing the right amount of testosterone.
Lack of testosterone is actually something of an epidemic among men right now and hazardous chemicals are often thought to be one of the reasons for this phenomenon.
Using synthetic shampoos could contribute to low mood, lack of energy, weight gain, and possibly even infertility.
So that gives you great reasons to switch to organic shampoos and conditioners! In fact, you will be providing your scalp and hair with natural oils and nutrients that will promote better overall health.
Plus, your hair will have a more pleasant natural scent!
Chemicals used in toothpaste
Let’s move on to toothpaste! We often hear about fluoride in our toothpaste, but what is it?
In most kinds of toothpaste, fluoride is present and we are often told that it can be very effective in fighting cavities. While this is true, what we don’t hear as much about is that fluoride can also cause a lot of problems.
Fluoride is toxic and, in high doses, can damage your teeth and may even be linked to learning disabilities.
Did you know that the main way to make fluoride is to extract it from the airborne industrial wastewater emitted by fertilizer manufacturers?
In fact, fluoride is already present in our water, so you don’t really need to add it to your toothpaste. Water already contains more than enough of it to have a positive effect.
In addition, fluoride is neurotoxic, which means that it can cause brain damage.
Organic skincare products are rich in nutrients and smell great
Unlike all conventional products that are made with many elements from the chemical industry, organic products do not contain all these things and therefore do not damage your skin.
Organic makeup products do not harm your skin, instead they provide you with many natural nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals and amino acids.
These products are absorbed by the body and can be used to give you a more radiant appearance in the short and long term.
Often they even contain natural antioxidants, which can protect your skin cells and prevent premature aging.
It is important to know that your body has evolved in nature. We have evolved to thrive in our natural environments, so we are physically designed to benefit from nutrients that come from natural elements like mud, plants, and seawater.
When you apply these natural elements to your face, it’s like bringing your body home.
Also, organic and natural makeup smells great and is even more pleasant to the touch. Instead of being hard, sticky and smelling like a chemical, it will be soft, moisturizing and natural.
Organic skincare products are fun and personal
As if all that wasn’t enough, natural makeup is also a lot of fun and very rewarding.
In fact, if your friend asks you where your lipstick comes from and you tell her it’s homemade organic lipstick, it’s sure to spark a great conversation.
When you decide to make your own organic makeup, you can create the shade, feel and tone that works best for you.
Plus, you know it will have a really subtle and natural tint because it will be made from really natural and subtle ingredients.
Organic skincare products are cheap
Often, when we think of organic or natural products, we systematically think that the price will be high. Think again! Many organic products can be made as easily as mixing a few ingredients in your pan.
That means no need to go to the supermarket and you can start enjoying them now.
Indeed, on the Internet, many recipes explain how to make your own homemade cosmetics using a variety of plants, flowers, oils, and other natural products. By creating your own products, you will save a lot of money.
And even if you decide to buy organic products rather than make them, some can be much cheaper than synthetic products!
Organic skincare products have slightly slower active ingredients
On the active side, suppliers of natural raw materials now offer ingredients that rival the chemical industry’s reference molecules.
There are good hyaluronic acids of low and high molecular weight, lactic acid, obtained by fermentation and many active plant ingredients obtained through oily solvents.
However, some ingredients are much more difficult to obtain naturally and sometimes it is impossible to find an equivalent.
Let’s take the example of retinol, which is found in anti-aging skincare products and which is complicated to produce naturally.
Therefore, let’s say that organic cosmetics are as effective as conventional products but the effects may appear a little slower.
Organic skincare tends to go deep and work on the skin’s overall balance in a lasting way instead of just solving a problem on the surface.
Summary of the benefits of organic skincare products
There are several advantages to using organic skincare products:
- They respect the environment and biodiversity.
- The method of cultivation used is often a culture without pesticides, non-invasive, with a wide variety of plants and all this is done in an artisanal way (no polluting plants).
- They respect your skin: the use of natural ingredients gives an optimal result for a healthy skin. They are suitable for all skin types: oily, dry, normal.
- They are safe for the body: endocrine disruptors are virtually absent from natural cosmetics. Indeed, endocrine disruptors directly impact human health: early puberty, reduced fertility, genital malformations, obesity, etc.
- They use high-quality ingredients that are more concentrated in active ingredients.
- They can be used at any time of life (even during pregnancy, but please choose organic products without essential oils).
- And finally, today, organic products are trendy and therefore there is a wide variety of them at affordable prices.
For more benefits of plant-based skincare products, read our other post: Plant-based skincare products and their benefits for your skin
Top reasons to use natural skin care products: Conclusion
Whether in supermarkets, on the Internet or in pharmacies, more and more organic cosmetic products are available.
Made with natural ingredients, these organic cosmetics can rival conventional beauty products. Numerous studies have demonstrated their effectiveness over the years.
They contain many natural elements such as essential oils, plant and mineral extracts, vegetable oils etc. These natural ingredients are rich in active ingredients, which have become great alternatives to chemical active ingredients.
Affordable in terms of price but also respectful of our environment, you no longer have any excuse not to choose natural cosmetics. Don’t hesitate to do good to your skin and to Mother Nature!
Related post: Which vegetable oil is good for massage?