What reduces cellulite naturally? Grandma has some great tips to give us.
Whether you are young or old, thin or curvy, it’s always the same: cellulite has become the complex of many women.
There are a number of effective natural treatments to reduce cellulite, including: lemon water, a varied and balanced diet, homemade anti-cellulite lotion, coffee grounds, ivy leaves, essential oils, the palpate and roll technique, and regular, targeted care.
Luckily, it is possible to reduce cellulite naturally, so read on for the details of these tried and tested homemade natural remedies to reduce cellulite.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is cellulite?
- 2 Tips against cellulite | What reduces cellulite naturally?
- 3 What reduces cellulite naturally? Natural remedies against cellulite
- 4 What reduces cellulite naturally? Conclusion
What is cellulite?
Cellulite looks like orange-peel skin and is the result of an accumulation of fat, water and toxins in the lower layers of the skin.
It is characterized by a bumpy appearance and is often found on the thighs, buttocks, arms and stomach.
The appearance of cellulite is due to several factors:
- Hormones (especially during adolescence, pregnancy and menopause)
- Heredity: we do not all have the same cells, the same type of skin, etc.
- Age: the older we get, the less elastin and collagen we produce, necessary for the skin’s firmness and elasticity.
- A diet too rich in saturated fats, salt and sugar
- Lack of physical activity.
Types of cellulite
In order to best treat cellulite, it is important to identify the type of cellulite you want to reduce. As a reminder, there are 3 types of cellulite
- Aqueous cellulite: the result of excess water in the tissues, linked to poor venous and lymphatic circulation problems. It is visible to the naked eye and can give a sensation of heavy legs.
- Adipose cellulite: this is the most common form. Painless, it appears by pinching the skin. It is the result of poor diet and lack of exercise.
- Fibrous cellulite: painful and the hardest to the touch. It is a cellulite that is old and encrusted. It sometimes gives a purplish tint to the skin. It is generally located on the thighs’ outer sides and the knees’ inner sides.
For more detailed information about cellulite types, stages, and causes, check out our other article Types, stages and causes of cellulite: Insights for ladies
Tips against cellulite | What reduces cellulite naturally?
Before giving you some natural remedies to limit the appearance of cellulite, here are some tips to consider on a daily basis:
Regular and targeted care
Anti-cellulite or slimming creams should be used on a daily basis as they tone the skin, drain and limit water retention.
The palpate and roll technique
The palpate and roll technique allows the destruction of fatty deposits and the release of toxins and accumulated fat. It also improves blood circulation and water drainage.
Generally speaking, massage is an effective and pleasant way to eliminate cellulite. It improves lymphatic drainage (just like lymphatic drainage massage) and helps to stretch your skin tissue.
Essential oils | What reduces cellulite naturally?
They have draining or diuretic properties and can act on cellulite.
We recommend the following essential oils:
- Essential oil of cedar wood: known for its slimming virtues it improves circulation and drains toxins.
- Lemon essential oil: draining, it destroys fats, improves blood circulation and skin elasticity.
- Essential oil of Juniper: eliminates the excess of water and improves the blood circulation.
- Essential oil of grapefruit:a fat burner and firms the skin.
Always dilute essential oils with a vegetable oil.
They allow to drain and unclog your tissues from the inside.
Indeed, to help eliminate cellulite, performing a drainage that will stimulate blood circulation and fight against water retention is necessary.
What reduces cellulite naturally? Natural remedies against cellulite
There are natural remedies to help you eliminate orange-peel skin:
Drink a glass of lemon water every morning and you will see the excess fat disappear. Indeed, the lemon is a diuretic that promotes the flushing out of toxins.
A varied and balanced diet
A healthy and balanced diet is important for the well-being of your body, including the elimination of cellulite.
Avoid sweets, sodas and pastries that are high in calories. A high-fiber diet with whole grains, fruits and raw vegetables is best.
Related post: Does cellulite disappear when you lose weight?
Homemade anti-cellulite lotion | What reduces cellulite naturally?
Essential oils are a good remedy to fight against cellulite.
Combine the essential oils of grapefruit and rosemary, for a homemade cellulite reducing lotion.
The recipe (to be mixed in a jar):
- 9 ounces of jojoba oil
- 30 drops of rosemary essential oil
- 30 drops of grapefruit essential oil
- 30 drops of juniper essential oil
Massage into your skin for about 7 minutes, twice a day.
Coffee is an effective anti-cellulite because it eliminates fat and firms the skin.
For a scrub with coffee grounds, mix in a bowl: 3 tablespoons of coffee grounds with 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil and two teaspoons of honey.
Apply this scrub in the shower with circular massages for 15 minutes.
Rinse off and don’t forget to finish your shower with a cold water spray to tighten the skin.
The advantage of ivy is that it helps to regain a beautiful skin. It can be used in several ways:
- In oil: for 15 days, macerate a large handful of ivy leaves in 9 ounces of wheat germ oil and add 5 drops of rosemary essential oil
- As a compress: in a quarter gallon of boiling water add a handful of ivy leaves for three minutes then strain. Soak a cloth in the mixture and apply the compress for 25 minutes on the area to be treated.
What reduces cellulite naturally? Conclusion
You can find the answer in your own kitchen cupboard.
There are many home remedies to naturally eliminate cellulite from our body.
However, keep in mind that it is important to combine these homemade recipes with a balanced diet and regular physical activity for effective results.
Even if you are embarrassed of your cellulite, cellulite is a natural phenomenon, never forget this, ladies and gentlemen: with or without cellulite, you are beautiful!